 CAD / 3997
Re: Lugnet dat-file browsing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 05:05:34 GMT

Now you hit me a bit hard but ok ....

When I load an mpd file for example which is stored on my web-page
http://www.user.xpoint.at/m.lachmann/models/waggon.mpd ) then my viewer is
started by IE and gets no seperate window but is shown in the explorer
window itself .... fine
When loading a dat from lugnet, it first asked me what to do with cgi files
and I permanently configured my viewer for this. Now with every file I load
from lugnet a seperate window is opened.

This thing works with every web-server but I feel you are right with the
mime type ... but my program does not get any information about the mime
type itself, so I believe it's something between the server and the browser
causing this effect.

ML
Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.cad, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hy,
I wrote a small tool for viewing .dat and .mpd files which integrates • fully
into the Internet Explorer.
It works fine when loading real dat and mpd files, but does not work with
Lugnet dat files.
The viewer is registered for cgi types already but the explorer always • starts
a seperate window for the viewer instead of integrating it into itself, • as it
does for the dat and mpd types.

Any ideas whats wrong here?

When you say "it works fine when loading real...", do you mean it works • with
any old webserver out on the net serving .dat and .mpd files, or is it from
a specially configured webserver?  (Can you point to an example URL of a • .dat
file that works fine for you?)

The reason I ask is because it's possible that the files you're seeing work
are being sent as a MIME type of text/plain instead of • application/x-ldraw...?
(What does your tool want for a MIME type?)

--Todd