 CAD / 3993
Re: Lugnet dat-file browsing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:58:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hy,
I wrote a small tool for viewing .dat and .mpd files which integrates fully
into the Internet Explorer.
It works fine when loading real dat and mpd files, but does not work with
Lugnet dat files.
The viewer is registered for cgi types already but the explorer always starts
a seperate window for the viewer instead of integrating it into itself, as it
does for the dat and mpd types.

Any ideas whats wrong here?

When you say "it works fine when loading real...", do you mean it works with
any old webserver out on the net serving .dat and .mpd files, or is it from
a specially configured webserver?  (Can you point to an example URL of a .dat
file that works fine for you?)

The reason I ask is because it's possible that the files you're seeing work
are being sent as a MIME type of text/plain instead of application/x-ldraw...?
(What does your tool want for a MIME type?)

--Todd