 CAD / 3952
Re: Help with generating bmp/gif from ldraw parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
That's odd--LDLite crops images to the space actually used.  There
shouldn't be any white space.  Ever, as far as I know.

Well, I just re-generated all the images with no resolution specified.  It did
run full-screen, but it did not crop the images at all.  When I view them in
the VEC I have to scroll to even see the little parts like the 1x3 arch.

This has happened on two machines at home.  I tried to get this working on my
NT machine at work but LDAO runs funny - some blue line vibrates under the
menu bar the entire time, it locks up and takes up 100% CPU when I try to
generate the VEC, etc.

I've never had a problem with LDAO before, and I've thrown it on a dozen or
more machines.  Now it either won't work at all or makes images I can't use
(non-cropped).  :/

Why not generate one set, and multiply the file-space by the number of
colors needed?  The various-colored part images are all going to be nearly
the same size.

Yeah, I could do that if all I needed was the knowledge, but I'll be hosting
the pics either way, so I might as well generate them.

The images on Partsref *are* generated by LDAO/LDLite.  I just use PSP to
reformat the images from BMP to GIF.

I hope I can make my machines do it then.  I thought maybe the compression
thing was messing it up, but the last batch I just ran had that turned off and
they're still huge with white space.

Maybe Leo's program will help me out...