 CAD / 3941
Re: Help with generating bmp/gif from ldraw parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:09:32 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

My problem is don't quite get why or how the bmp's are being made with so much
white space around them.  I don't know if there is a switch or setting I am
overlooking or what, but if I choose a tiny res, like 320x240, I end up
getting most of the pieces chopped off, or worse with the larger plates and
such.  But if I make them large enough for all the parts to fit inside the
image, the vast majority of the files have a huge amount of white space all
around them.

  You're lucky, about a year ago I got a request to write a program just
like that. :) I wrote a program that creates pictures of all parts and
automatically zooms in/out each part so that they are always completely
visible and there's no white space around them.

  It can be used to generate images of all parts or you can use it with
one part at a time and you can also set the color you want from the
command line. The files are saved in either .bmp or .gif format (I can
extend it to save .png images if you want).

Leonardo