 CAD / 3931
Re: LDAO problem--VEC check goes crazy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 17:05:37 GMT

Brian Durney <durney@cs.byuh.edu> wrote:
I've been trying to set up LDAO and fixed the COMDLG32.OCX problem only
to run into a new problem.  When LDAO starts up it shows a progress bar with
the words "Checking VEC XX%" where XX% is something like 20%.  However, instead
of stopping at 100% it sometimes continues indefinitely.  One time I let it get
to 10000% and it still didn't stop. ll goes crazy as before.
[...]
Apparently the MS-DOS window titled PARTPROF has something to do with the
problem.  It shows up minimized and when I try to look at it, it goes away.
Just now I realized that when I look at that PARTPROF window with the program
stuck in the Checking VEC mode, the program stops and seems to be OK.

I had a similar problem with LDAO V 2.1.2. It started checking and at times kept
hanging around at 20% or it just died, leaving behind the PARTPROF thread.
I had to kill this manually since it seemed to keep other programs from running
properly. When I upgraded to V 2.1.3 this problem disappeared.

Axel

02.06.2000 - William Jefferson Clinton receives the Karls-Prize
             in Aachen, Germany, 50° 46' 17" N / 06° 05' 18" E
Axel Poque                           email: axel.pq@t-online.de
Aachen, Germany      Internet: http://home.t-online.de/~axel.pq