 CAD / 3928
  LDAO problem--VEC check goes crazy

Hello, I've been trying to set up LDAO and fixed the COMDLG32.OCX problem only to run into a new problem. When LDAO starts up it shows a progress bar with the words "Checking VEC XX%" where XX% is something like 20%. However, instead of stopping at (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDAO problem--VEC check goes crazy

(...) I had a similar problem with LDAO V 2.1.2. It started checking and at times kept hanging around at 20% or it just died, leaving behind the PARTPROF thread. I had to kill this manually since it seemed to keep other programs from running (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDAO problem--VEC check goes crazy

(...) Make sure there's a PARTPROF.PIF file in your LDAO directory. In Explorer, this file will probably show up just PARTPROF, with the type "Shortcut to MS-DOS Program". If you've got the latest version of LDAO, this file should be there. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDAO problem--VEC check goes crazy

I checked the properties and it did have "Close on Exit" checked. When I choose About from the Help menu, it says that I have version 2.1.3. Just out of curiosity I tried a few things like running PARTPROF from a DOS command line and executing the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad)