 CAD / 3650
  Any way to reduce polygons?

When converting models to dxf format with dat2dxf, you end up with a tremendous number of polygons in the converted model. This means that any program used to view the file has *tons* of work to do. Anyone know of way to simplify dat files down to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Any way to reduce polygons?

(...) I'm assuming you are generating a single, flattened stream of input, instead of defining subobjects which correspond to the subfiles in a model. If I'm wrong about that, ignore the rest of this message. One thing to do is to intercept any (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Any way to reduce polygons?

If you are converting to POV format for rendering, perhaps you can find something useful in this thread: (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

Whoops! Sorry, I'm trying to convert to .dxf format to import into 3D Studio Max Ben -- Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) Sommerville" <chucks@he.net> wrote in message news:FrIy1u.JGE@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Any way to reduce polygons?

<Cough!> Okay, time to crank my brain I guess. I'm going to be working with a .dxf file. If anyone has more advice specific to those, then I'd really appreciate it. Steve, thanks for the help. I'm going to give this a go, but when ever it comes down (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)