 CAD / 3650
3649  |  3651
Subject:
Any way to reduce polygons?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:57:23 GMT

When converting models to dxf format with dat2dxf, you end up with a
tremendous number of polygons in the converted model.  This means that any
program used to view the file has *tons* of work to do.  Anyone know of way
to simplify dat files down to simple solid forms?  Backface culling only
does so much when you've got 300,000 polygons (as was the case with my
Kodiak when I tried this).

Thanks,
Ben

--