 CAD / 3635
Re: Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:37:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Frish wrote:

Yeah, I know ill get them in 9+ seperate peices, but i can't find those
pieces.  I looked all over, and when I get a model with Minifigs in it, it
says FILE NOT FOUND and stuff, so I just need the parts to make a Lego Minifig

Have you installed the complete LDraw package?  Without it, you won't
get much of anything.

<http://www.ldraw.org/download/>

After you get that installed, most programs should go.  I don't know of
too many custom, un-official minifig parts.  Unofficial parts are not
included in the LDraw install files, so if someone used one in a
creation, you'd encounter problems trying to view them.

To check out exactly *which* minifig parts are included in LDraw, look
at <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/>.  If you're trying to
get a minifig which is *not* shown in the Partsref site, you're going to
have a hard.

If you definitely need an unofficial part, search
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts> for it.

Finally, try contacting the author of whatever files you're trying to
work with.  If they used unofficial parts, they probably know where to
get them.

Steve