 CAD / 3496
Re: What CAD program is being auctioned here ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 06:56:04 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38A64C77.9A4AA2E4@voyager.net>...
The buyer and I had a long exchange of emails. Seems a great guy and he
was happy to receive the info I shared with him about cad (he knew that
LDraw existed and that people talk about CAD on Lugnet, but not a whole
lot else. He must be a nice guy, he said nice things about my hopper and
that pitiful raytrace I did.

I pointed him at some of Brams raytraces to prove that I am a mere piker
compared to some of the really good tracers out there. That pentawhozits
docking bay scene just knocks me back.

He really thought he was getting this:
http://www.autodesk.com/solution/edu/prodport/legocad.htm

as it's the only "professional CAD" program out there. Caveat Emptor,
though.

The seller has not been heard from by me yet, we shall see if he even
bothers to respond. Might have just been a one time "fast one" rather
than a recurring pattern. Or even just plain ignorance, never ascribe to
malice what is adequately explained by cluelessness, or something like
that.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

I believe that the seller was someone trying to sell a lego-set and maybe
thought if he sells it with a software, then it looks better and that his
chances are higher to sell the set.
I personaly think that the seller didn't have bad things in mind ... also
taking someone to a lawyer who is not in you country is not so easy (and
cheap).

I thing we realy should have a look out at companies or organisations doing
such things ...

Michael