 CAD / 3317
Re: sticky proggy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:57:12 GMT

Michael Horvath wrote:
Is there a program available suitable for animation where I can load the LDraw
file (converted to *.DXF or whatever) and make the hinges move as they would
in real life?  It's a pain to have to realign each part manually and not have
it automatically effect all other parts accordingly.  It would be great if all
parts would stay connected when you move them.

Sub-models.

You can make a sub-model DAT file for your model, say an arm, and have it
centered on the axis of rotation.  Then you insert this sub-model as a regular
LDraw part in the appropriate place, rotate it, etc. with all the sub-model's
pieces moving accordingly.  <PLUG>The DAT files from my Web site tons of
examples of this technique.</PLUG>

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."