 CAD / 2730
  Re: New rendering/animation - Bram's Viper

(...) Thanks! I use 3DS MAX 2.5. I am looking for a reason to upgrade to 3.0, because the rendering engine is supposed to be MUCH better. Also Mental Ray (used in all the feature film stuff) is being ported to MAX 3.0. Eric (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New rendering/animation - Bram's Viper

(...) Realising this thread is ancient, I dare try anyway:) How did you get the dat format into something 3DS MAX (I assume it is 3DStudio MAX) can understand? Regards John Jensen (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New rendering/animation - Bram's Viper

I use dat2dxf.exe and then import it into 3Dmax. Beware, dxf files can be massive. I've converted my Kite ((URL) dxf and it's now a 35mb file. Last time I tried to import it was on a P3 666mhz machine and it took two hours just to get to 50%. If (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New rendering/animation - Bram's Viper

(...) LeoCAD exports .3ds files. Leonardo (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad)