 CAD / 3517
Re: New rendering/animation - Bram's Viper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:59:34 GMT

I use dat2dxf.exe and then import it into 3Dmax.  Beware, dxf files can be
massive.  I've converted my Kite (http://www.marsbase.com/kitegallery.html)
to dxf and it's now a 35mb file.  Last time I tried to import it was on a P3
666mhz machine and it took two hours just to get to 50%.

If anyone knows of a more elegant process, I would sure love to hear about
it.

Ben

--
Ben Vaughan