 CAD / 2728
Re: Note from BlockCAD author
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:03:09 GMT

John VanZwieten skrev i meddelandet ...
Since you asked, I had three problems.

1.  When adding a column of 2x2 rounds, if I clicked too fast, it put • multiple
copies of the bricks at the same x,y,z coordinates.  This was particularly
annoying when I went to move the column, only to find that the extra bricks
were still there.

This one's new to me (perhaps I'm too slow :-) - I'll look into it (when time
permits).

2.  Sometimes in the oblique view pieces further away will show over closer
pieces.

Yep, there are many situations when the 'view order' sorting goes a bit wrong.
Most of the times it will be corrected if you click the brush on top
(repaint), but if you have pieces _inside_ each other (from  point 1.), it can
not be correct until the offending pieces are removed.

3.  In oblique view, I had some trouble selecting pieces (the 2x2 rounds,
actually.)  I would point at the 2x2 round and click, but it would select • some
piece further away (and under a bunch of other bricks, which really messes
things up.

OK, I haven't sorted this one out yet, I think you'll experience different
problems depending of from which side you look at the round brick. The best
workaround (I think) is to use the top view (play with the Z cut-off to get
the piece visible in top view).

When you get to the roof, you will also experience some drawing anomalies,
depending on your viewing angle. The cornered roof pieces are difficult. But
once over in LDraw/POV, it looks OK.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm