 CAD / 2659
Re: Datsville Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:28:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten writes:
I had to spend a lot of time better organizing the city, breaking it up into
sector subfiles.  Added more landscaping, 3 new buildings, and some vehicles.

I'm still working to incorporate all the great files posted this weekend, but
I wanted to give everyone something to look at today.  Rendering time is up to
30 minutes (18 just for parsing), and the POV file is weighing in at 3.5 MB.

Ouch!

I'm going to have to get better at chosing my camera angles with fewer trials.

To speed things up, make sure you set QUAL to 0!  You may also want to comment
out the fog, sky, and smooth on the river and hills.

Special thanks go to Bram for the river and hills.

Glad you could use my help!  The scenery probably looks better at a lower angle
shot (so that the hills hide the horizon line).
It also looks like the river banks are pretty high and steep!  If you think so
too, go ahead and decrease the bank height (r_b).

Enjoy:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/datsville.html

Looks great!  I look forward to more!  (Close-ups, maybe? :)
--Bram

PS, if you don't have a lot of time, we understand.  We'll just wait
(im)patiently.