 CAD / 2655
Re: Datsville Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:02:37 GMT

I'm still working to incorporate all the great files posted this weekend, • but
I wanted to give everyone something to look at today.  Rendering time is • up to
30 minutes (18 just for parsing), and the POV file is weighing in at 3.5 • MB.

-John Van

Well I decide to do a preliminary render, so I converted using L3P
and it said the file was 1.14 MB !!! That's before I eve have seats,
flagger's box, and whatever else I might need. I've got the track
itself(140x192), the attached parking lot(96x192), and roadway
which covers about 64x192. So that is about 224x256 in area.
A fairly large are as that would be 56 32x32 baseplates :) I don't
want to know how long it will take to render...let's see it's at
almost 10 minutes and still parsing :)

Ryan