 CAD / 2314
Re: Does L3P handle LDLITE commands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:06:41 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

Yes, try the v1.2 BETA L3P which includes:
990212 Added support for TRANSLATE, ROTATE, SCALE, TRANSFORM meta commands
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/test/l3p32b.zip

Yup, this version did indeed handle the TRANSLATE and ROTATE keywords.
Thanks!

I'm not too happy that it did not run under MS-DOS, though.  L3P used to
be one of the very few applications which I could use under Linux by
running DOSEMU, a DOS emulator.

However, it did run under Linux by using WINE, so it's not like this is
the end of the world or anyhting.

Oh, and I tried to run LDLITE under WINE again, to see if WINE had
improved since the last time I tried.  This time, LDLITE _almost_ ran
perfectly!  Wow, this is really great, since this means that I can do
some modeling under Linux, without having to boot up the W95 partition
on my system.

If anybody are interested in trying WINE, it's at <URL:http://www.winehq.com/>.

Fredrik