 CAD / 2272
Re: Lego Space Craft Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:33:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Pat Justison writes:

I'm interested in creating movies (animated sequences) based on Lego space
ships.  My intent is to create CAD files of some of my ships and then import
those into Lightwave 5.5.  My first question; is this possible?  You must
somehow convert the Lego CAD (l-draw or LeoCAD) data file into a format that
POV-Ray can use.  Do you think that I could use this same conversion for use
wuth Lightwave?  I've only just begun to create the CAD files, (slow b/c of
slow computer and the complexity of the ships)  I will have a new computer in • a
about a month that will make the CAD part faster and should enable me to do • the
Lightwave work, albeit slowly.

  You can export .obj or .3ds files from LeoCAD, Lightwave should be capable of
reading at least one of those formats. Just remember that you might need to
turn backface culling off.

Leonardo