 CAD / 1790
Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 05:16:10 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote
Well, I simply can't get LEdit to run under DOSEMU.  I don't know why,
though.

Give me a couple of weeks to get my decent PC organised, flatten this
one and put RH6 on it, and I'll have a play. Hopefully I won't have to
recode DOSEMU to make it go.

Worst case will be the kernal not allowing LEdit enough hardware access
for the video modes it needs, and that would not surprise me.

I suspect Wine would barf (doesn't support DOS graphics modes IIRC).
Is that so?  That could explain something.  I'm getting these error
messages when firing up LEdit under Wine:

   Could not load 'RTM' required by 'EDIT', error=2
   wine: can't exec '/dos/lego/ldraw/ledit.exe': file not found
   wine: no executable file found.

Is RTM.EXE actually in that directory? And is the case correct?
Remember that DOS and linux differ over the importance of case :)

But with any luck LDLite would work under Wine...

Actually, I have been able to start up LDLite under Wine, but it barfs
whenever I try to make it draw something.  The error message is "illegal
instruction c6, or something like that.

Hmm, I'd try linux.dev.msdos or linux.dev.config, or comp.os.linux.setup
if you don't get the linux hierarchy. That one is a bit beyond me.

Moz