 CAD / 1775
Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 16:14:15 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

So what happens on you machine when you try to run LEdit under
DOSEMU?

Well, I simply can't get LEdit to run under DOSEMU.  I don't know why,
though.

I suspect Wine would barf (doesn't support DOS graphics modes IIRC).

Is that so?  That could explain something.  I'm getting these error
messages when firing up LEdit under Wine:

    Could not load 'RTM' required by 'EDIT', error=2
    wine: can't exec '/dos/lego/ldraw/ledit.exe': file not found
    wine: no executable file found.

This suggests that it can't load the Borland library thing RTM.EXE,
which I find somewhat strange.

But with any luck LDLite would work under Wine...

Actually, I have been able to start up LDLite under Wine, but it barfs
whenever I try to make it draw something.  The error message is "illegal
instruction c6, or something like that.

Fredrik