 CAD / 1769
    Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Chris Moseley
    Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) So what happens on you machine when you try to run LEdit under DOSEMU? I suspect Wine would barf (doesn't support DOS graphics modes IIRC). But with any luck LDLite would work under Wine... Moz (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Well, I simply can't get LEdit to run under DOSEMU. I don't know why, though. (...) Is that so? That could explain something. I'm getting these error messages when firing up LEdit under Wine: Could not load 'RTM' required by 'EDIT', error=2 (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Steve Bliss
     (...) Are you sure the current directory is set to c:\ldraw when you start up LEdit? I seem to remember failing to load RTM being caused by RTM not being in the current directory... Steve (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Chris Moseley
   Fredrik Glöckner wrote (...) Give me a couple of weeks to get my decent PC organised, flatten this one and put RH6 on it, and I'll have a play. Hopefully I won't have to recode DOSEMU to make it go. Worst case will be the kernal not allowing LEdit (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Wow, that would be great! (...) I don't know too much about these issues, of course, but I think DOSEMU is supposed to be able to show console graphics, if that is the correct term. (...) They are both in the same directory. As for the case, (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Running LDraw via a DOS emulator? —Chris Moseley
   Fredrik Glöckner wrote (...) Your error message had it all in lower case, so I'd be really tempted to copy the directory to a real filesystem (fs2 or whatever you're using) and force it all to lower case, then see if it runs. ie: mv (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad)