 CAD / 17223
  Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

As a response to my post "Understanding the Datsville Coordinates", I today recieved an e-mail from Austria (I think), requesting me to "Please Stopp emails to lugnet.cad.dat.model...lugnet.com !!!!!!!" Now, I'm not sure how to interpret that. (...) (14 years ago, 24-May-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

--snip-- (...) Strange. I think they're perfectly on topic. You are discussing CAD issues of models in the DAT format. I can't think of a better place for them. The whole point of having a discussion tree format is that things can be put in the (...) (14 years ago, 24-May-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

(...) Definitely on topic imho! And thanks for making this project live... Philo (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

(...) I agree with Tim and Philippe, please do not stop. I would be willing to bet the emailer is looking for a way to unsubscribe rather than finding fault with your (quite topical) posts. (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

(...) Your posts are on-topic. Actually, I've had this problem before from some of the robotics groups, where I get responses with the single word "unsubscribe" in them, so it might be more likely than you think. (14 years ago, 27-May-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Are My Datsville Posts Off-topic?

(...) Yes, you were right. After my next Datsville update post, this fellow mailed me again and asked my to stop e-mailing him. This time it clearly indicates that he gets unwanted news-by-mail updates. I have forwarded the problem to the two Admin (...) (14 years ago, 25-Jun-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)