 CAD / 17188
Re: motivation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 19:40:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Santeri Piippo wrote:
Hi guys - I have to say right now I'm losing motivation for my parts authoring
job here. There is lots of other things to do as well and parts authoring does
not at all get me the... respect(?) I'd need.

But seriously. Last year I got tens of parts authored. I've never been contacted
by some user who liked what I have made. True, I once saw my work used as an
example on the TechnicBricks blog, yes, but it was rather random and lasted only
a day or so. And yes, I've gotten comments from Philo and Mike in emails, but
I'm getting the feeling I'm only giving my dedication, all this work, for only a
small handful of people.

By all respect, how do you guys keep yourself motivated for this?! I'm losing
interest in overall... I'm not much motivated into making LDForge either right
now.

-Santeri

I really knows what you are talking about.
But nobody in the world can motivate you if you lost interest (Some also very
good guys have stopped their working in the past).
You have at least two fans (you mentioned them) for your work and your efford
you have already done.
Personally I would be very sad to see you leaving.
I have done also much more parts in the past than the last months. I had been
demotivating by your very good work in such a short time.
What do you think - how many post I got for DATHeader or the several other apps
around LDraw that I wrote ?
It has been only two from users. If I look at download counter I know there are
many more people that have at least give it a try.
So, if you are demotivated in the moment - ok, we have to live with that. But
keep in mind, we are a internet community. I know the internet from giving me
what I am searching for. If I do not get what I want from the one page I go to
the next page. I do not ask the guys from the first page 'why do you don't
have...' I just switch. It is anonymous.
Saying that means you need to have fun to do what you do. Do not expect any
gold-medal from the audience. Then you love every single feedback.

cu
mikeheide