 CAD / 16530
Re: LPub questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
* Is there a META that sets cm? Inserting 20x20 cm in the page setup dialog
converts them to inches in the LDraw file 0 !LPUB PAGE SIZE GLOBAL 7.8740 7.8740
actually all figures in the LDraw file are calculated in inches driving you
crazy when you compare your figures in the dialogs with the file content.
I haven't found this command. You can set the default units to cm in
Configuration > Preferences but I've found that doesn't work properly
everywhere. I'm afraid we're stuck with inches for now.

* Is there a setting for the picture output where I can set something else than 188x265 pixel?
I had the same problem: http://www.flickr.com/photos/duq/3936163541/
The solution seems to be to add these lines at the start of the file:
0 !LPUB RESOLUTION GLOBAL 150 DPI
0 !LPUB PAGE SIZE GLOBAL 8.2600 5.8450
Change resolution and page size to your own preferences but setting them
explicitly at the start of the file will solve this issue.

* Could some of you confirm that the JPG-output is broken in 4.0.0.4?
That's my experience too. LPub seems to work hard for a while but doesn't save
anything.

* How do I get the entire page in PNG?
See above.

I've found another issue:
On a multi-step page the PLI is stuck to the top left corner no matter what you
do. I've tried right-click > Move and selected various positions, I've tried
margins, I've tried drag and drop, I've tried manually adding meta commands but
it won't move. To make matters worse the top and left of the PLI are falling off
the page, in pdf more so than in png.

Regards,

Ronald