 CAD / 1611
Re: How to create building instructions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 02:16:40 GMT

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:21:25 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

I wonder if one of you pros could provide or point me to a tutorial on
creating building instructions for Ldrawn models for publishing on the web.  I
was particularly impressed with Terry's instructions for his SW E-wing, but I
imagine that took lots of work to accomplish.

Heck, yeah!   A lot of work.
But it was based on LDAO's html output.   I just did a lot of tweaking.

I guess I'm looking for the fastest way to produce instructions sufficient for
someone to build the B-wing model.  Of course I start with a working knowledge
of ldraw, ldlite, LDAO, but I've never produced output for printing from them.

LDAO's html output is pretty good.  At least when I did that.  I have not tried
it for several versions.
As long as you have 0 STEP's placed strategically, and the flow of construction
is logical, it works pretty well.

-- Terry K --