 CAD / 1608
Re: How to create building instructions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:19:42 GMT

Something I would love to see was some arrows (something like the number
parts) like the ones lego uses in it's animations.
Yes, even with animations of all the parts moving, they draw arrows to
show for instants that an axle should rotate both directions or that an
arm should raise/lower.
But because the arrows are like a part, they integrate nicely with the
model renderings and are rendered in exactly the right position/angle.

One example of an arrow drawn in two distinct positions around an axle
(fixed font):

  _\     _
        \

The () pretends to be the axle and the arrows should be thick and black
and (no 3D depth).
I can send a snapshot if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.

I think that anything that aids the user visualizing the movement of the
model is a good thing :-)
Any of you thinks this is a good idea?