 CAD / 16047
Re: Learning LSynth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:13:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:

   1) What is the use of the RIGIDHOSE command? I can’t seem to make it work. From it’s type I should think I had to use the LS00 constraint part, but nothing gets generated when I try it.

Instead of “RIGID HOSE”, use “FLEX SYSTEM HOSE”. They mean the same thing, but the second one actually works!

Thanks, so it’s not just me not being able to get it to work :-)

A related question: I’d like to render a Fiber Optic cable like the one in the Spybotics sets which is quite a bit thicker than the ones that came with the FOS. Any thoughts on how to do that?

   2) Why do some gears not work with the CHAIN (and similar) command? In the case of the Crown Gear it simply means carefully selecting which one to use, but the 8 tooth gear is missing! Is there a way to ‘enable’ this part for LSynth?

The 8 tooth pinion gear is really too small for the chain links to wrap around. Even the 16 tooth gear barely makes it. However, the 8 tooth pinion can sometimes be used as an idler with a small wrap angle like in this render I made. In this case, I put a hidden 24 tooth spur gear in which was tangent to the 8 tooth pinion. This gave me the right chain but you can’t see the gear I used to do it.

Thanks again: that’s exactly the reason I’d use the 8 tooth gear. I’ll keep this solution in mind.

Jetro