 CAD / 15717
    Re: LGEO update —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I have a question about the stud logos. The code in lg_defs.inc makes it look like they should say LEGO, but they in fact say LGEO. (The letter comments are in the order L...E...G...O), but the E and G have translations inserted to swap them. (...) (16 years ago, 23-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LGEO update —Lutz Uhlmann
   (...) Hi Travis, I did not want the LEGO text for copyright issues. In ld_defs.inc, just remove the translate statements at the end of declarations for letters E and G to create original logo as L3P uses. Lutz (16 years ago, 23-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LGEO update —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I suspected that might be the reason, and I figured out how to do the swap. However, POV export is a new feature of the upcoming LDView 4.0, along with LGEO support in that POV export. I'd prefer if there were an easy way that I could force (...) (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: LGEO update —Michael Horvath
   (...) IIRC, there was discussion a long time ago, to the effect that LEGO *insisted* that the studs correctly display the logo, otherwise they *would not* lend their approval. You'd have to dig deep for the thread. -Mike (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: LGEO update —Travis Cobbs
     (...) I remember the same thing in reference to an LDraw display at Legoland California. They didn't want 3D LDraw renders shown in the park with "LDraw" written on the studs. That was a number of years ago. --Travis (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: LGEO update —Michael Horvath
     (...) Yeah, that's what I was remembering. -Mike (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: LGEO update —Lutz Uhlmann
   (...) Oh, I never knew about that. I will make a #declare switch for the logo to display LGEO or LEGO and set it to display as LEGO by default. It will be included in the next update, so for now you have to remove the translate statements. Lutz (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)