 CAD / 15502
Re: 3069bp28 - thanx/update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:36:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Benjamin Lyttle wrote:

Hi Ben,

I have an idea about how to fix part of my issue with the
rings,moving the entire blue/ silver screen section over about -.25 to -.5
whatever the increments are that are being used. But I think I'll be able to
better model those ring sections once I do that.

If you cannot find a fitting ring use quads. A bit more file size isn't a
problem a gap IS!

Also, I've basically done this
completely off the picture of the part from peeron, so I've been guestimating
everything.

Please note that we normally expect authors to work from a real part rather than
an image. You can use a 300-600 dpi hires scan of the pattern and overlay it
with a LDU grid to do the measurements but a part should never be a guess.

Furthermore I suggest grouping the colors and sorting them (or via LDDP sorting
feature or by hand in MLCad). It will ease the work of the reviewers. have a
look at my last pattern:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/973pw8.dat

Open it in MCLad and go through the lines with the "Draw to selection only"
feature turned on. Since your there check out how I worked on the button rings.

w.