 CAD / 15373
Re: Problem with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
While writing the LD4DStudio rendering code, I also had some problems
with AV crashes. It turned out being caused by mixed glDrawElement usage
(with / without glBindbuffer usage).

I fixed it by calling:

glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0);
glBindBuffer(GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0)

before using glVertexPointer and glNormalPointer incombination with
glDrawElements the 'normal' way instead of the 'vbo' way.

My system back then had an ATI 9800 Pro. It seems the ati driver does
not reset some internal stuff when calling glDrawElements with pointers
instead of VBO id's.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.  It's actually crashing when VBO is used in LDView, and not crashing
when VBO isn't used.  However, I'll take a look at my pointer calls to see if
there are any bound buffers at the time of the calls.  When I initially
implemented the VBO support, ATI cards would crash if VBO was used inside a
display list, so I had to work around that.  And while VBO isn't useful inside a
display list, making sure it didn't happen added complexity to my code that
shouldn't have been necessary.

--Travis