 CAD / 15336
  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

(...) I demo-ed LPub 4 for about an hour and a half at Brickworld. I feel the process went very well. There were lots of great questions and suggestions. Paul Smith Meyer, of LEGO, was present for much of the demonstration. I've always been curious (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

I missed your presentation this weekend, but it sounded interesting. A friend of mine who lives in Chicago came to BrickWorld that day and we went to lunch, which was when you had your sessions. I too have wondered how LEGO made its instructions in (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

(...) We were told that the building instruction group uses Mayas and that there is a big gap between the LDD group and the BI group. Thanks, Kevin (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

(...) Originally, the building instruction team had a huge building with a table for each step with the parts for that step assembled on the table. They photographed the assembly, and then "cartoonized" the picture. It was a huge process. I don't (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

(...) Congratulations, Kevin. So when are you getting poached by Billund/Sweden? ;) Tim (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

(...) LOL! I don't know. (yet?) Kevin (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld

--snip-- (...) Ironically I've met some mathematicians who worked with TLG on this problem about five years ago. Their conclusion of "it can't be done" seems to be holding out still. I'll stick to LPub and (now less) elbow grease. Tim (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)