 CAD / 15041
Re: SR 3D Builder Version 0.2.2.9 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:15:43 GMT

Hi

as someone told, I'm using Microsoft DirectX 9 program interface in my program.

I cannot use OpenGL becouse my known of C++ are not good and, belive it or not,
I'm using VisualBasic.NET for developing.

The problem is that I've to write a custom shader to light backface, thing that
is natural in OpenGL, and to do that I used some low level call to vertex shader
that are supported only from version 2.0 to go.

if anyone of u, using my program have known of programming vertex shader and is
able to write a new version of it compatible with an earlyer version or let it
work faster, he/she is welcome.
the source of the vertex shader i'm using in file BFL3.TXT

notice that changing the contents of the file may let program crash or generate
unpredictable results

Anyway, I don't believe that my appl requirements are so high: about any graphic
card released in the last 4-5 years should work good enough, at least for

byes

Sergio