 CAD / 1490
Re: Part: Plate 2 x 2 with hand rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 01:44:36 GMT

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:54:58 GMT, "Tim McSweeney"
<tim##NO_SPAM##@ams.co.nz> wrote:

I only have one issue with it (that I know about),  On the diagonal arms, the intersection with torus in the corners is Drawn as a
perfect circle but in fact it should be some sort of funky Ellipse.  Is this acceptable as is?  if not is there an easy way to
calculate what the correct shape is?

Take your circle primitive, and skew it instead of rotating.

Instead of

1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4-4edge.dat

start with

1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 4-4edge.dat

This makes Y the same value as X at all points on the curve.  This may not
be right, I'm not able to test it right now, you may have to involve the Z
component of Y as well.

Ok, I'm not sure I understand that 100% but I'll go have a play and see what I can do, It's given me somethign to chew on.

(Time to drag out the graphics text book )

In this case, you're taking a circle and projecting it onto the plane where
X=Y.  So the commandline I gave you does exactly that.  Makes the X and Y
components exactly the same.

Steve