 CAD / 14737
Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:11:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jim DeVona wrote:
1. Should entries that use unofficial parts (real LEGO parts that are not yet
LDraw certified) include those parts in the MPD file? I know there is no rule
requiring this, but I am curious if it would be helpful.

I assume for the purpose of the contest, if not in general, the answer to the
question I pose at http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10660 is that submodel
names should indeed be conservatively treated as filenames.

I'm not a contest admin, but I would like to point out that LDView is currently
used to render the MOTM/POTM contest entries.  So from a purely technical
standpoint, it's unlikely that problems will be encountered with unofficial part
usage (as long as they're on the Parts Tracker) or spaces in filenames with MOTM
submissions.

--Travis

Travis is correct. I use a command line script to render the images, with LDview
gracefully downloading unofficial parts from the PT.

w.