Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:34:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:

I'm not a contest admin, but I would like to point out that LDView is currently
used to render the MOTM/POTM contest entries.  So from a purely technical
standpoint, it's unlikely that problems will be encountered with unofficial part
usage (as long as they're on the Parts Tracker) or spaces in filenames with MOTM
submissions.

--Travis

Travis is correct. I use a command line script to render the images, with LDview
gracefully downloading unofficial parts from the PT.

OK. I think I will stick to the conservative naming scheme for now, just to be
on the safe side.

LDView's automatic part downloading is just killer. I suppose a reason to use
submodels is to guard against the chance the unofficial parts are modified in
the meantime with respect to their origin or orientation. I'm not sure how often
that happens, though.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

Jim