 CAD / 14510
14509  |  14511
Subject:
how does a line ends?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:32:09 GMT

In the LDraw File Format (http://www.ldraw.org/Article45.html) it is
written that "LDraw files are plain text." and "Each line in the file is
a single command.".

Also in the LDraw.org File Format Version 1.0.0
(http://www.ldraw.org/Article218.html) there is no more specification.

I found some parts that do not have a "carriage return" and "line feed"
to determine the end of the line.

They have instead only a "line feed".

So it is not easy for a programmer to deal all possiblities. It would be
great if we can agree to define a line as text with "carriage return"
and "line feed" at the end.

Any suggestion or comments on this?

I like to have a statement about this also in the File Format (see above).

cu
mikeheide