 CAD / 14531
Re: how does a line ends?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:38:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   It seems to work, but I’m not 100% confident in its lack of bugs. Timing with 8464.mpd results in about 550ms for loading using fgets and 750ms using myFgets from above. On the one hand, thats a 50% slowdown based purely on that one change. On the other hand, 750ms isn’t very long, and while 8464.mpd isn’t exactly a huge file, it’s big enough to prove your point that the performance is fine.

Just as a proof of the value of disk caching, loading the same model using the system fgets after a fresh reboot, the same loading portion took 3300ms.

Also, I switched the feof calls out for a check of the value against EOF just to see if it made a difference, and it didn’t. Within the accuracy of my measurements, I got the same timing.

--Travis