 CAD / 14491
  Prefix character on meta commands?

guys, flicking through the specs I got a bit confused and seek clarification (preferably from the LSC) we have the list of Official META Commands: (URL) list of currently known META Commands: (URL) LDraw File Format 1.0.0 proposal (oddly there is no (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Prefix character on meta commands?

(...) I am no longer on the LSC, but I'll give my opinion. Given that the LPUB, SYNTH and MLCad's ROTATION meta's were defined before there was ever an LSC, before the LDraw file format 1.0.0.0 was officially ratified, or before the discussion in (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Prefix character on meta commands?

(...) As the author of the meta command section of the 1.0.0.0 spec, my intention wasn't to twist the arms of developers into adopting the "!" prefix or the program name requirement. For non-official LDraw.org programs, I meant for these rules to be (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Prefix character on meta commands?

(...) While I am a current member of the LSC, this hasn't been discussed there. It has always been my understanding that this format for meta commands was never intended to require existing meta commands (official or otherwise) to be changed. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)