 CAD / 14462
    rendering NXT parts —John Brost
   Dear CAD experts... I'm finally getting used to MLCAD, but now I'm starting to do some rendering work, and that is where I'm having problems. I've made some robots I want to render. They contain NXT parts and look great in MLCAD. But when I use LPub (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: rendering NXT parts —David J. Perdue
   (...) If you type in the following for the color of an "NXT white" part in MLCAD (light stone gray), it'll work with both MLCAD and POV-Ray: 0x02E5E4DE Does that work, or were you already trying that? - David (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: rendering NXT parts —John Brost
   (...) I wasn't trying that, but that still didn't fix the problem. When I render beams using light stone gray they look fine, but the white parts of a NXT element (motor, NXT, sensors) still render this ugly gray color. I just noticed that when I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: rendering NXT parts —David J. Perdue
   (...) You'll need to manually go into your computer, open up the individual LDraw parts, and change the colors of portions of the pieces. Follow these steps: 1. In MLCAD, determine the part numbers of the NXT brick, the NXT servo motor, the NXT (...) (17 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: rendering NXT parts —John Brost
   That did it! For some reason the parts in question were set to "Chrome", which would explain the dingy gray color in the renderings. Thanks David John (17 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: rendering NXT parts —David J. Perdue
   (...) Great! Glad I could help, John. - David (17 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)