 CAD / 14465
Re: rendering NXT parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John Brost wrote:
In lugnet.cad, David J. Perdue wrote:

If you type in the following for the color of an "NXT white" part in MLCAD
(light stone gray), it'll work with both MLCAD and POV-Ray:

0x02E5E4DE

Does that work, or were you already trying that?

- David

I wasn't trying that, but that still didn't fix the problem.  When I render
beams using light stone gray they look fine, but the white parts of a NXT
element (motor, NXT, sensors) still render this ugly gray color.

You'll need to manually go into your computer, open up the individual LDraw
parts, and change the colors of portions of the pieces. Follow these steps:

1. In MLCAD, determine the part numbers of the NXT brick, the NXT servo motor,
the NXT touch sensor, the NXT sound sensor, the NXT light sensor, and the NXT
ultrasonic sensor.
2. Go into the LDraw parts directory on your computer (check C:\LDraw\Parts) and
open up one of these parts in MLCAD - its filename will be its part number. Once
the file has opened, click a section of the part that is supposed to be light
stone gray. Look for the MLCad toolbar button that selects parts of the same
color, then click it. Now, press "c" on your keyboard to change the color, and
paste the number for light stone gray. Enter that and it should be replaced with
light stone gray. Save the part.
3. Repeat step 2 for each of the parts mentioned above.

- David