 CAD / 14337
Re: LDView SaveSnapshot bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:47:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lee Gaiteri wrote:
Whenever I try to use LDView with the SaveSnapshot option, I get a blank file as
output--an image of the correct size but with nothing but the background color.
If I do not use this option, everything looks fine. This happens with all
models. As a result I can't use this as the renderer in LPub, but even from the
command line I get the same problem so it's not LPub's fault.

Is there any reason this should be happening? I remember having lots of issues
getting LPub and LDView to work together in Windows 98, but under XP now it's
not working either.

Just as an update to this thread, I did track down a bug in LDView 3.0's command
line processing of the -SaveSnapshot option that is likely responsible for the
blank images you're seeing.  That will be fixed in 3.1, and hopefully you'll
then be able to once again make use of PBuffer rendering.

--Travis