 CAD / 14137
  tool for patterned parts

I thought about a tool to easily author patterned parts. It should be used like quad2dat but with the following change: If a part is scanned with a scanner and the part is not flat it should be able to use the curvature of the part (that already has (...) (18 years ago, 21-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: tool for patterned parts

(...) Hi Mike, Such a task would not be easy at all (although should be possible if you rely on human input to rub out mistakes). My susggestion would actually to have two programs... one to de-project and make a bitmap image and another to (...) (18 years ago, 22-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: tool for patterned parts

(...) Is it really worth the work? How many patterned parts have the pattern on a curved surface, except for the minfig heads? A couple of years ago I did start making a program that 'back-projected' a bitmap and let you draw the triangles and quads (...) (18 years ago, 22-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: tool for patterned parts

(...) I used to do minifig heads using quad2dat, but not in the standard way, since the minifig head template in quad2dat would stretch out the pattern in wierd ways. Instead, I would use the template for a flat part like the minifig torso, and then (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: tool for patterned parts

Andrew Westrate schrieb: (...) Thank you, you have already send it to me. But I am unable to get perl running on my system. Maybe I have the wrong package installed. I have to investigate this some day. Thanks so far MikeHeide (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: tool for patterned parts

Anders Isaksson schrieb: (...) Hi Anders, I have found many curved parts with pattern on the curved surface. Also I think of stickers that can be done with such a program. I think it could work as follow: 1) Do a scan of the curved part (You need to (...) (17 years ago, 27-May-07, to lugnet.cad)