 CAD / 14094
Re: Lincoln Logs with Ldraw : )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:55:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   Very interesting....

Italy’s Luca Giannitti and I were just talking via EMAIL about a Minitalia
Lego part produced from 1971-72 in certain Italian Minitalia Lego sets.

It too was a green roof, but it was made of a single hinged piece of cardboard,
and was used with the 33 degree roof system (in green). See here for a few
examples of the green cardboard roof (as well as 33 degree green slopes) in
Guanluca Morelli’s Brickshelf pages:

This unique Lego roof element is not seen elsewhere
Gary Istok

I remember having had that set - actually it belonged to my older sister. The
inner cross made it easy to distinguish her Minitalia Bricks from my newer
System with cylinders. This was its only advantage. The plastic they used for was crap -
comparable to the quality of a certain Canadian clone brick manufacturer. The
box, and the overall presentation was crap too, as you can see in the pics:

on the other hand I have to admit that producing those exclusives wasn’t a bad
idea (from a present point of view, with the chance to own some set the
rest of the world cannot) and I wish LEGO Italy continued on this tradition
instead of just packing ordinary sets like this:

Bye, w.