 CAD / 14081
  A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

Hi all, after playing around with nearly all (common) features in POV-Ray - like radiosity, media, fog etc. - I have finally started the latest excurse into working with the clock variable. Here comes my first small animation movie (1.5 MB) of the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

Nice and smooth, and I believe I may be stealing those connecting rods. Have you worked out what's making the cab window flicker so? (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) Hi Ben, Very neat and I imagine from my past povray animation experiments that it was very time consuming. The one problem I have with it is the sky. It distracts from the train in the first few seconds of the animation. Perhaps a smoother (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

Sebastian Dyson schreef: (...) Short aswer: I think it has to do with the LGEO-parts which look beautiful but are programmed very complex and are a bit buggy. In some transparant parts these bugs cause a grainy or noisy finish. Long answer: I think (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) Thanks Jeroen, for pointing this out! I havn't used Anton's parts so far, but I may give them a try with one of my next renders. Leg Godt! Ben (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) Dear Tim, take this as not more than a first test run.... I did several runs so far in which I was playing around with anti alias (the POV-Ray manual tell NOT to use it, while I found it looked way better with AA-settings). I also tested (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) Nice. I see that the front window is 'pulsating'. It looks similar to my problem I've encountered with animation rendering in PovRay. Have you used radiosity or not? My prob: (URL) - For Czech Lego Fans (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) Dear Jindroush, Jeroen has given a good explanation why the window flickers. I have now exchanged the LGEO code for the part within the pov-file against standard coding without LGEO and that problem is solved. Since radiosity slows down the (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A small (and my first) train animation done with MLCad

(...) converts it? Thanks, AHui (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)