 CAD / 13937
13936  |  13938
Subject:
I'm sure one of you has already worked this out...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:58:05 GMT

I'm currently making minifig animations for a freeware computer game.

Here's an example picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/David_Manning/BigBrownGuywithpistol_anim_B2_frame.gif

As you can see, I am using bright pink (255,0,255) as my transparency
colour.
(I set it as 'background' in LP3Add-on)

The only problem is, when I use it in the game,
there is a slight 'pink halo' around the figure,
as there are slightly pink anti-aliased(?) bits around the edges.

You can see them fairly clearly in this "zoomed-in 5x" pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/David_Manning/Renderissues.gif
NB:  I have saved this file as a GIF, but those artifacts are ALSO there
in the original BMP - straight from Povray.

So - any ideas how to avoid this?

It would be a NIGHTMARE if I have to carefully edit tiny pink artifacts
off all my sprites.

I'm sure one of you has an easy simple solution
that will make me look silly!  :-D

(ah well, we're all newbies sometime)

thanks
Gabriel

--

NB: swap "spam" for "lugnet" in my email address.  :-)