 CAD / 13694
Re: crc error
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:23:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi Eric,
  If you want to email your files to me, I can see what I can do.
Kevin

Thanks Kevin (other respondents thanks as well), but that won't be nessecary.

Here's what I did to work around the crc-error.

0) As preperation, load as many as possible of the substructures in LPub and
generate BOM's, simply to build up the library of part images.
1) Load the top level ldr file into LPub and export as MPD.
2) Load the MPD into MLCad and export Step files, reducing range to step 1 only.
3) Load the step 1 ldr file into MLCAD and export the parts list (now covering
each part in the project)
4) Load the txt partlist in MS Word to fix differences in column widths
5) Import the fixed partlist in MS Access
6) Import each seperate part image into MS Access (just one color for each part
neccesary) and relate the parts table to the partlist table.
7) Create a report in MS Access to present the partlist effectively.

That's all :-) Maybe it's helpful for others.

It was cumbersome, but I'm pleased with the results since the part list now
includes both textual and pictorial descriptions of each part. It shows one
picture for each part, listing the amounts per colours with it.

Kevin, if you would still like to receive the files to (possibly) reproduce the
crc-error, for your own curiosity, I would gladly send them to you.