 CAD / 13688
Re: Can't vote for the Steering Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
I didn't set up the poll but just to work out that's wrong could you please
confirm that you are using this link for voting:

http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?module=LdrawMOTM&func=ballot&ballotid=5

I think I've clicked that link before but not again today. It tells me I'm "not
authorised to vote" even though I should be.

I get that message too when I'm not logged in. are sure that you logged in
properly, befor clicking the link? the login link is in the top right hand
corner. you need your user name as well as your password you've set in your
profil.

Tim

w.

I'm definitely logged in...

Tim

hi tim,

I did a little bit of investigation but being graduated to and ldraw-admin only
in january to run the MOTM contest while orion is "red-october-ing" somewhere in
the pacific ocean this answer might isn't complete (I'm still learning and it'll
take a while 'til I see fit)

* your user name is on the users chart but NOT on the members list as requested
in this article:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=378&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

"If you are receiving the error "Not authorized to vote" when you attempt to
access the ballot, you need to complete the additional step of joining the
organization. This will enable your account to vote. To do this, visit this page
and complete the form. After you have done this, you need to wait 30 min to
allow the system to process you. You may then view the ballot and vote."

therefore please go to this page after you have logged in (you'll find the link
also on the page mentioned above):

http://www.ldraw.org/index.php?module=LdrawMember

and complete the form. hope this solves the problem,

bye, w.