 CAD / 13643

Subject:
2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee Candidates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:51:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

did anybody notice that the nomination for the 2006 SteerCo closed at 11:59 PM
GMT on 28 February 2006 as outlined in this post
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13531? I didn't! Could a member of the still
governing SteerCo enlight us what's going on right now?

I composed a chart with the nominations so far. Have a look at:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=377

as you can see we have 5 volonteers running for 5 seats in the new SteerCo.
Well,  not much of a choice and defenitely not my cup of coffee. I really would
like to see more people in the ballot. I propose to re-open the nomination
process and see if we can find some more candidates. I'll also add some names to
the original post by Orion. If someone is against this initiative please step
in!

bye, w.

ps. has the polling module been restored or has the ballot to be conducted via
email? any volonteers for collecting the votes (perferibly someone who isn't
running for a seat ;-).

pps. I know that all this initiatives aren't competing me but sometimes somebody
has to run the show :-)

Re: 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee Candidates
did anybody notice that the nomination for the 2006 SteerCo closed at 11:59 PM
GMT on 28 February 2006 as outlined in this post
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13531? I didn't! Could a member of the still
governing SteerCo enlight us what's going on right now?

Orion, who is/was/will be handling the nomination and voting process, became
unexpectedly unavailable for a bit, just last week.  So the SteerCo process will
be slightly delayed.

Steve

Re: 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee Candidates
did anybody notice that the nomination for the 2006 SteerCo closed at 11:59 PM
GMT on 28 February 2006 as outlined in this post
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13531? I didn't! Could a member of the still
governing SteerCo enlight us what's going on right now?

Orion, who is/was/will be handling the nomination and voting process, became
unexpectedly unavailable for a bit, just last week.  So the SteerCo process will
be slightly delayed.

BTW, my apologies for the above terse reply.  I've got 5 commitments tonight,
only one of which is a box which arrived from LEGO to my door today, making that
wonderful plastic rattling noise...

Steve

Re: 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee Candidates
did anybody notice that the nomination for the 2006 SteerCo closed at 11:59 PM
GMT on 28 February 2006 as outlined in this post
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13531? I didn't! Could a member of the still
governing SteerCo enlight us what's going on right now?

Orion, who is/was/will be handling the nomination and voting process, became
unexpectedly unavailable for a bit, just last week.  So the SteerCo process will
be slightly delayed.

Steve

And I'm back.  I profusely apologize for the delay in the poll but it couldn't
be avoided (something about lack of internet access while under the ocean).
I'll have the voting booth up and running in by Tuesday so make sure that if you
are nominated and want to run that you have accepted your nomination.

-Orion

Re: 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee Candidates
I composed a chart with the nominations so far. Have a look at:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=377

I updated the chart accordingly to the latest statements. Some are still
missing, Don, Orion, Jaco, Guy ...

w.