 CAD / 13629
  Proposed new colour

Hi all, Not sure if this has been brought up before so sorry if it has. When looking at one of my renders today Ross Crawford commented that the tracks were to reflective. We worked out that this is because they use the chrome color (383) to define (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) 446 has the yellowish shine to it that I see when I look at track. But color alone doesn't solve the reflectivity problem does it? I think you'd need to also work up some surface settings for POV, right? I suspect changing reflectivity will do (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) Hi Lar, I have already done that in POVray (see the bottom of the original post, the material is much less shiny and a different colour) but I am proposing to use a new colour as a more general solution so that the new material definition can (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) OK, well sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. Would this new color be one that should also be processed separately/special? By POV? By the cad programs? It sounds like you alreeady worked up the necessary SURFACE settings (I think that's the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) It may be me who isn't being clear. I've never dealth with the ldraw side of colours, just the povray end. Yes it would be processed specially like the CHROME and RUBBER colours. Perhaps a new definition like METAL could be used which might (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) Yes, POV keyword MATERIAL I think. Thanks. <font color="green">[[User...Lar|Lar]]: [[User_talk:Lar|t]]/...ns/Lar|c]] 18:44, 26 February 2006 (UTC) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) Note: Train wheels (on the motor) are in fact chrome, and although in my experience they're not as smooth as the rendered chrome, I think the current colour is fine for them. ROSCO (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Proposed new colour

(...) You are indeed correct. I thought they were but I realise the yellow colour came from the bag it was in rather than the metal itself. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)