 CAD / 13634
Re: Proposed new colour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:44:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
446 has the yellowish shine to it that I see when I look at track. But
color alone doesn't solve the reflectivity problem does it? I think you'd
need to also work up some surface settings for POV, right?

I suspect changing reflectivity will do more to improve rendering realism
than changing color but I could be wrong. (as an aside I think everything
is a bit too reflective, no bricks are actually that perfect)

~~~~ , er I mean: ++Lar

Hi Lar,

I have already done that in POVray (see the bottom of the original post,
the material is much less shiny and a different colour) but I am proposing
to use a new colour as a more general solution so that the new material
definition can be merged into lugnet`_colors.inc or other colour definition
files more easily (colour 383 is already processed separately as it is
defined to be chrome rather than a coloured ABS).

OK, well sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. Would this new color be one
that should also be processed separately/special? By POV? By the cad
programs? It sounds like you alreeady worked up the necessary SURFACE
settings (I think that's the keyword, I forget)...

~~~

It may be me who isn't being clear. I've never dealth with the ldraw side of
colours, just the povray end. Yes it would be processed specially like the
CHROME and RUBBER colours. Perhaps a new definition like METAL could be used
which might also cover electrical contacts (494). Are you thinking of
MATERIAL or TEXTURE maybe? In that case, yes I have worked it out mostly. I'm
sure it can be tweaked some more though.

[[User:TimGould]]

Yes,  POV keyword MATERIAL I think. Thanks.

[[User_talk:Lar|t]]/[[Special:Contributions/Lar|c]] 18:44, 26 February 2006
(UTC)